- Playing is good for children but it must be free playing or playing without guidelines and restriction. Think Spongebob and Imagination (the TV box episode).
- Adults should also play in the same way but don't due to being self-conscious about how people see them, they are trying to be realistic and worldly.
- Schools cause this to happen by teaching us with ridged and strict guideline. School tells us to not play and study instead.
- Learning is good and more people would actively pursue learning if school didn't make learning feel so bad and boring.
- Kids these days don't want to do anything related to learning as a result, even though they still want to learn they don't like the word "learning" because they associate it with school.
- In a sense learning has become "tainted" by the schools and their education systems.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Free Play Socratic Seminar Notes
Some things that we covered in 6th Period
Posted by Carson Dacus at 3:40 PM