Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tools That Change the Way We Think

The first thing I thought of when I read "Eventually you'll have the implant, where if you think about a fact, it will just tell you the answer." is how easy tests will be, the next thing was that if this happens no one who has this implant will ever have to try to think for themselves ever again, which can be very bad.

Extensive use of technology can make use lazier, or more efficient depending on how you use it. For me it is a little of both. When doing my homework I sometime get distracted from it because I am looking at something else and forget about the homework. However, I can also get work done faster because I have the internet right there and don't have to look up the answers in a book. Lastly, I have to say I am more connected to the world because of the internet. For example I wouldn't have known that Qaddafi was killed the other day as soon as I did.
NY Times-Qaddafi

No comments:

Post a Comment